My dear Snackie came up with a brilliant idea yesterday- make today about self-love. And I quote: “No more “how much do I love thees” rather ask yourself the question, “how much do I love ME?” Even if you have someone on this special day, take the time to think about yourself, list your good qualities, have some positive perspective on who you are and treat yourself better than you ever have. “
The rules of “Self-Love Day” are 1) I post one nice thing about myself and 2) you post one thing you really like about me. I made a list because, well, I am me and we all know I love a good list. Do not feel pressured to make a list though, if you have more than one thing to share, let the love flow. Join the self-love revolution!
Here are my self-loving props:
1. I love that I am a sensitive person. It’s totally okay with me that I get teary hearing people’s stories. Being empathetic is a good trait in my book.
2. I love that I am a great listener. The fact that this great listening comes sometimes with “advice” is something I am working on. Ahem.
3. I love that I am a sassypants. It helps me get away with a lot.
4. I love that I am a morning person and yet still wish my cats would let me sleep in a little longer.
5. I love that I get cold when it’s 71 degrees out. Oh wait. That’s what Harry likes about Sally. Scratch that.
6. I love that I am thoughtful. The people that I love KNOW that I love them.
7. I love that I make people laugh. At themselves. At me. At life.
8. I love that I have freckles and that the freckles on my left arm make a face, if you look at it right.
9. I love that I will organize all the sugars in the little holder thingy at a restaurant without knowing I am doing it. And when I do realize it, I laugh at myself. Somewhat sheepishly.
10. I love that I am geographically, technologically and spatially challenged.
11. I love that I can spell words like solipsistic but sometimes can’t figure out when to use choose or chose.