I’ve been sitting at my desk for close to thirty minutes trying to eek out a post but I’m spent. Stuff is still in churning mode so you get this meme. Thanks Sue, for the inspiration!
1. What is your occupation? Non-profit bleeding heart.
2. What color are your socks right now? Not wearing any.
3. What are you listening to right now? The heater coming on. The hum of the fridge. The clock ticking.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Whole grain toast and eggs over medium with Irish Breakfast tea.
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Certainly.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Hunter
7. Do you like the person who sent this meme to you? Sue is fantastic.
8. How old are you today? 34.5
9. Favorite drink? Whisky & ginger ale or Coke. Oh non-alcoholic? Tea.
10. What is your favorite sport to watch? I prefer to watch sports in person but if I had to watch a game on TV, it’d be basketball.
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Since I was 17.
12. Pets? Two cats that live with me and a pup that lives with her Papa in California. (Hi Loubear!)
13. Favorite food? Really yummy and still warm bread where the outside is crunchy and the inside is soft with high quality butter melted on it. Mmmm! And sushi. And lately? sugar-free chocolate pudding that you make on the stove (I never knew it was so good!).
14. What was the last movie you watched? We watched Smokin’ Aces this weekend.
15. What’s your favorite day of the week? Thursday!
16. How do you vent anger? I usually mouth off to someone or journal or go for a long walk. A couple of times I have hurled shoes at the wall. No one was there to witness it though except the cats. And they aren’t talkin’.
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? I had this doll I called “Chubby” that I carried around a lot. I called her”Chubby” not because she was actually chubby but because that’s what people called me and I had no idea it was not a term of endearment. That makes this answer kind of sad, doesn’t it?
18. What is your favorite season? Spring is beautiful with the blossoms blooming and the weather getting sunny with a cool breeze. Plus, it’s my birthday season.
19. Hugs or kisses? Depends on who I’m kissing. I deliver a pretty wickedly awesome hug I’ve been told.
20. Cherries or Blueberries? I like them both! Ok, blueberries.
21. Do you want your friends to try this meme? If they are so inclined.
22. Who is most likely to respond? How am I supposed to know? I am not a mind reader. Yet.
23. Who is least likely to respond? How am I supposed to know? I am not a mind reader. Yet.
24. Living arrangements? Alone with two cats. Not a spinster yet.
25. When was the last time you cried? Friday at my mini-meltdown.
26. What is on the floor of your closet? A bunch of crap. It’s in the closet for a reason- we don’t speak of it.
27. Who is the friend you have known the longest that you are sending this to? This is a blog. I don’t send things unless you’re talking about sending it out into the blogosphere.
28. What did you do last night? Went to the bank and the grocery store. Did some chores around the apartment. Cooked dinner. Half-watched some TV. Made lists. Talked on the phone. Ate a graham cracker with some milk. Went to bed.
29. Favorite smell? Sandalwood, the air right after a rainstorm, my pup’s feet, cookies baking, lavender, and Christmas trees.
30. What inspires you? People. Good people doing good in the world.
31. What are you afraid of? Failing. Falling. Running from love. People I love dying suddenly or at all.
32. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Spicy burgers? Where do you get this?? I’ll take a cheeseburger.
33. Favorite dog breed? I’m currently obsessed with Bulldogs.
34. How many states have you lived in? Two.
35. Favorite holiday? I’m with Sue- Thanksgiving is at the top of the list. It’s about togetherness. It’s not stressful like the December holidays. It’s all about spending time with people you care about and grubbing on delicious food.
“You need coolin’, baby, I’m not foolin’,/I’m gonna send you back to schoolin’,/Way down inside honey, you need it,/I’m gonna give you my love,/I’m gonna give you my love./Wanna whole lotta love?. . .” -Whole Lotta Love, Led Zeppelin