I’ve been employing this new tactic lately. Whenever I slip into negative thought pattens I try to immediately hault them and shift my focus back to a positive view. Like when I worry about money, I reshift to thoughts of financial abundance. I fill myself up with a secure feeling and visualize myself already financially secure. Because it will happen, I just don’t know the “how” of it yet- which my controlling side is really struggling with. To have faith. Faith without a set plan with known outcomes. To just trust that it’s all going to work out. Because really, it does, just not always the way we had hoped.
The Fella inspired me with his own list of things that are making him supremely happy (I was on his list, awwww) so I thought I’d do the same. Because looking at the bright side never hurt!
Reasons why I am currently supremely happy:
- I’m meeting up with my hair stylist Friday night for a cut and color. (Pictures forthcoming.)
- I have a hot date with The Fella tonight. And that I fall in love with him more each day.
- Jenny Two Times is coming for the weekend- shopping! pedicures! laughter! cocktails!
- I’m having drinks with coworkers to celebrate pay day- a whiskey & ginger ale please.
- Waking up to kitties snuggling me and purring.
- I’ve got an interview for a fantastic opportunity- fingers crossed but lips sealed for now.
- Spending time with my nephew. Every time I see him he is smarter and cuter.
- Realizing that time and distance are, in fact, healing that old wound. That hold he had on me for years is disappearing a little bit more every day and I feel freer because of it.
- I completed that report with, surprise, surprise, many goals exceeded.
The sun has been out. It’s still freezing but the gray is gone.I must have jinxed it because all I see is gray out my window but hey, at least it isn’t raining.
- Tomorrow is the start of a three day weekend!
- This show.
- Crest White Strips are working. My teeth are getting whiter.
- I’ve got tickets for the sold out Ingrid Michaelson show on Monday.
- My apartment is clean and my closet is organized after I filled 7 bags for donation.
- Wearing cute outfits to work instead of just throwing on whatever I can find. All day I feel better about myself when I put a little effort into my overall look.
What is making you happy today? Share your joy with me.
“I went to the doctor, I went to the mountains./I looked to the children, I drank from the fountain./There’s more than one answer to these questions/Pointing me in a crooked line./The less I seek my source for some definitive/The closer I am to fine.“ –Closer to Fine, Indigo Girls