1. My pants are tight. I’ve taken to wearing skirts because they are more forgiving. I keep telling myself that once I’m settled in my new place I’ll focus on exercise. I really hope I follow through with that. I don’t like tight pants.
2. I am a bit pissy about being required to get my mini blinds professionally cleaned. My landlord claims it is a Washington State law which doesn’t seem to be listed anywhere in any of the countless Google searches I’ve done. I signed off that I would do it when I moved in but DAMN it costs almost $100! For blinds I don’t even put down since I have curtains.
3. Where are the Girl Scout cookies I ordered? On second thought, their arrival will not help the current tight pants situation. It’s probably the Universe’s way of saying: Girl, you don’t need any cookies!
4. I really wish I knew some design stuff. I’m trying to put together a handy little magnet to go along with my introductory letter to all the tenants and each attempt keeps coming out dorky. I might be good at decorating but I am definitely lacking in the design department. At least I wrote a funny/good letter. It’s not all a wash.
5. It’s working through the bad days with each other that can really build a strong foundation in a relationship. And moving furniture. That’s a test to any relationship!
6. I am currently lacking: a couch, a shower curtain, a bath mat, nightstands, a dresser, and my sanity. At least the movers will have less to load/unload on moving day. Talk about a clean sweep- I inadvertently donated my right mind to the Goodwill. But I did pick up a coffee table for $8. Even exchange, right?
7. If I could find my inspiration at work, I don’t even think I’d recognize it. It’s been gone missing for that long.
8. I didn’t know it was possible but Paula Abdul made even less sense than usual last night on American Idol. She’s so freaking weird. Paula, I’d say your color is . . tie-dye. What you been smokin’ girl?! (For a recap on the male performances, check out my friend Greeblemonkey. She takes the words right out of my mouth.)
9. Is it April 4th yet? Because I am ready for our mini-getaway.
10. Hey kiddos? You’re not really helping. Can you make yourself useful, please?
Can’t right now. I’ve got a nap scheduled.
I’m sort of busy. Playing hide & seek with myself.
Kids these days. Hrmph!