I fell asleep at 9:30pm last night. My thighs hurt. My back is out of whack. I’m $300 more broke than I was on Saturday. My cats are spazzing. But we are here and our new home is awesome.
- No overhead lighting in the living room or bedroom.
- A dishwasher that doesn’t work.
- A toilet that’s a little wibbly wobbly.
- A bathroom sink that doesn’t drain.
- Windows without screens.
- Upstairs neighbor entertaining guests on a Sunday night until the wee hours. I was woken up by laughter and a loud thud at 2:10am.
- A building maintenance room that makes the Type A organizer in me shudder.
- 4 floors of carpeted hallways and stairs desperately in need of vacuuming.
- Driveway parking space for the Manager (that’s me!).
- Movers rule. They hauled butt and were awesome.
- Bigger kitchen with lots of counter space.
- Internet access paid for in phone bill.
- Larger living room.
- Huge hall closet.
- Mailbox inside the building (yay for deliveries!).
- Hole under cabinets that is apparently big enough to fit a cat. (That’s where Dash spent his first seven hours here.)
- Lots of light during the day and a view of the city.
- Garbage disposal.
- Free storage unit.
- $1 coin operated washer and dryer.
- Less than 5 blocks to the grocery store. 2 blocks to the pet store and my bank.
Pictures will follow once this place doesn’t look like a cardboard graveyard.
P.S. I have over 100 new posts in my Google Reader right now. If I don’t comment for a couple days, I have not forgotten you. Also? Please send a masseuse, stat!