I feel like all I’ve been doing since I moved is whine and complain and bitch and moan and ramble on about annoyances. Granted, there is a lot to discuss where those things are concerned but it’s time for a purposeful change of perspective. Lest I wallow in my own mire and lose sight of the big picture.
Here goes nothing.
- I am not broke even though I don’t have a surplus to buy the furniture I need. I still can pay my bills and afford to eat. Maybe even have a cocktail out with friends Friday night.
- My apartment, while not put together, is very cute. Imagine what it will be like when it is. (I know you want photos but it’s just not camera ready yet. Hold your horses, will ya?)
- My job allows me flexibility to change my schedule with ease. Not every employer would be open to this. It’s a perk.
- The tenants I have met have all been welcoming and understanding during this transitional time. And everyone paid their rent before the 5th, sans one.
- I’m hanging out with Finn this weekend.
- I am getting my hair cut & colored tonight. TONIGHT. All is right with the world.
- I rented the unit that had been vacant for two months within the first 5 days of being the Apartment Manager. Hello! Who’s got mad skillz?
- I’m going to buy new shoes. Preferably green.
- While the last two birth control methods I tried obviously had negative side effects, the good news is there are a bazillion more to try. Libido, don’t lose hope, I’m still searching for you!
- My boyfriend loves me. (And my libido, he’s part of the search party.)
- The IRS check is being mailed on Friday. I was misinformed about it being en route. Hopefully my new address will have been entered in time so that the check arrives directly to the new apartment. Fingers crossed that I’ll be buying furniture next week.
- I’m going to BlogHer this year.
What’s your bright side today?