I’ve got some blog-related housekeeping to do. I’ve been negligent in following “the rules” for some memes running around the blogisphere. Shame on me! So we’re going to take care of two such things today. Don’t miss out on the fun contest at the end of this post. You could get mail. Like REAL ACTUAL mail from me!
(Also…if anyone else gave me one and I am forgetting, um, remember back in December when I gave myself a concussion. That’s why. Head trauma. It’s a bitch.)
The Rules: By accepting this Excellent Blog Award, you agree to award it to 10 more people whose blogs you find Excellent Award worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want but please award at least 10. You deserve this! Feel free to award people who have already been awarded.
I’m finding it extremely difficult to limit myself to just 10. Have you seen my blogroll? Plus, I’m a people pleaser. But this is a good exercise for me. Besides, I’m all for paying it forward. Here are my ten awardees:
1) Radioactive Girl (She knits and bakes and raises amazing kids. She never ceases to inspire me with her genuine heart.)
2) Greeblemonkey (For her American Idol recaps alone, she deserves this. Not to mention how she bravely sang a duet with me during the holiday season.)
3) Communicatrix (I’m new to reading her blog and so far, I’m hooked!)
4) Kaply, Inc. (I’ve met her and she’s a total hoot and a half. I’m always cracking up around her.)
5) Punchline Walking (She’s going after her dream of being a comic. I think that is totally kick ass. And on Fridays she posts video clips of really funny comedians!)
6) Quarter Life Crisis (She’s practically my neighbor and can out-quote you on any Seinfeld episode.)
7) Midnight Therapy with Crystal (Her videos make me LOL as the kids say.)
8) e.b.’s world (She lives in the land of sunshine – lucky!- and has a great eye for the perfect snapshot.)
9) About Me (Fantastic writer. I mean seriously, why aren’t you all reading her?! And the present she sent me off my wishlist has absolutely nothing to do with this. Sidenote: Thanks Mayberry!)
10) The Wonderful World of Nothing Worthwhile (Michael is funny and knows how to slip in a good joke. Plus, he loves The Office and maybe, George Michael. But you didn’t hear that last one from me. *Cough*)
Phew! That was no easy feat. The linkage and thoughtful commentary took a lot out of me.
Speaking of paying it forward- let’s talk about the first ever SIZZLE SAYS CONTEST!
This week I received a package full of wonderful goodies from my blogger friend at No Internal Editor all the way in Canada. (Thanks!) She was paying it forward as part of this blogger movement where we send out a package to other bloggers and then they send out a package to someone and so on and so forth. See? Pay the kindness forward. You can include whatever you’d like in the package and the only (two) things you must be willing to do is a) follow through on your commitment to keep paying it forward and b) be willing to give out your mailing address in confidence to the blogger who is sending you your prize package.
Soooooo, if you like mail as much as I do (that’s a lot for those keeping track), want to receive a package full of surprises from the Emerald City, or are just curious about what my handwriting looks like- throw your name in the hat for a potential win by commenting on this post. Be sure to comment on this post by Friday, March 28th at 5pm PST or your name will not be entered. The winner will be announced on Monday (as you know, I generally take the weekend to
get drunk unwind and relax).
To keep the comments interesting as everyone enters, how about you tell us two things in your response.
1) your favorite color
2) your best talent
One, two, three: GO!