I’ve been tagged with this meme a couple of times and since I have a seriously vicious case of Spring Fever and possibly I drank one too many cervezas in celebration of Cinco de Mayo, this is all I can muster today.
1) I will not eat Jello. Pudding, yes. Jello itself? No. I blame the hospital when I got my tonsils and adenoids out at ten. I was forced to eat it. Then I threw it up. Along with some blood. Ew.
2) When I have to discard something, say when I am cooking spinach and there are some leaf pieces that are turning bad, in my mind I hear them saying, “I want to stay!” as I throw them in the sink. Personalizing food is probably not a good idea.
3) I don’t like soda unless it is root beer or ginger ale. Otherwise, all my pop has to have booze in it to be drinkable by me.
4) I love eggs in all their glorious forms EXCEPT for omeletes. I can’t seem to get past the texture the eggs take on when cooked that way.
5) I live in the coffee capital of America and yet I can’t drink coffee. It makes me sleepy so I avoid it. I used to be a coffee junkie and then after college, quit the stuff. Now it is strictly black tea or the occasional decaf latte. It’s sad because I really do like the way coffee tastes.
6) The smell of peanut butter on a wet sponge when I am doing the dishes is enough to make me gag.
7) I am a spice wimp. I can only handle wasabi. I blame my geographic tongue and my Irish heritage.
What’s a weird food quirk you have?