You’d think after not blogging for four days I would have a lot to say but honestly, I just feel quiet. It was good for me to step away from the blog and be out in my life. It’s not like I went on any grand adventure or discovered the missing link to all my problems but I did chill out and that is something I need to do more of.
Lately, I have been thinking a lot about how I live my life vs. how I WANT to live my life. What do I prioritize? What is important to me that I am not putting at the top of my list? What kind of life do I ultimately want to be living? I’ve been pondering this and have come up with a list. Of course there is a list. I am nothing without a list.
How I Spend My Time Now:
- Working job #1
- Working job #2
- Worrying about my two jobs
- Running errands
- Watching TV because if I attempt to read I will fall asleep from fatigue
- Reading blogs, books and magazines to avoid doing more work
- Being social with friends
- Fulfilling obligations (re: over-extending myself)
- Eating out too often because I am too tired to cook
- Staring off into space because I am brain dead from not refueling
Um, that’s not how I want to be living. It’s too much work and too much tiredness and not enough LIVING. Life is too damn short to feel like I am wasting time on things that aren’t fulfilling to me.
How I Want To Spend My Time (in no particular order):
- Working less hours but being paid more
- Expressing myself creatively (through writing, art, crafts, etc.)
- Doing work that challenges me
- Learning to cook new recipes
- Being out in nature (walks, picnics, exploring the outdoors)
- Reading great books
- Spending time with my loved ones
- Practicing yoga
- Seeking a deeper spirituality
- Laughing with Finn
- Road trips
- Napping with my cats
- Social activities with friends
- Alone time
Quite different lists, wouldn’t you say? I’m still trying to figure out how to balance what is required of me with what fulfills me. It’s a worthwhile endeavor though. The one thing I can’t figure out how to factor in is blogging. But that’s another post entirely.
Tell me, what would your wish list look like? What do you wish you were prioritizing in your own life?