I’ve been tagged and awarded and remiss in following through with my part of the deal. But today all that changes. I’m doing them ALL AT ONCE.
Thank you to:
- Free and Flawed for bestowing the “Brilliante Weblog” Award to me. (Which must be an international award given the Spanish or Italian “e” at the end of brilliant.)
- andsosheblogs for bestowing the “Kick Ass Blogger” Award to me.
Now for the memes.
I saw this multiple places, most recently over at Abbersnail’s blog.
Every day, I would like to:
1. Go for a walk
3. Tell someone I love them
4. Make my bed
Every week, I would like to:
1. Go swimming
2. Cook a new recipe
4. Sleep in (at least once)
In three months, I would like to:
1. Be working a job that challenges me
2. Have a healthier routine
3. Have new eyeglasses
4. Have read books rather than watch TV
Before next year, I would like to:
1. Buy new digital camera
2. Commit to an exercise routine
3. Enroll in Spanish classes
4. Volunteer with Hospice
In two to five years, I would like to:
1. Stop coloring my hair & embrace the grays
2. Be a home owner
3. Be at a comfortable weight
4. Be a mom
Before I die, I would like to:
1. Be in a committed, long term relationship
2. Sing in public
3. Donate a large sum of money to a cause I believe in
4. Dive off the high dive
Eight Things: A Meme
8 things I am passionate about:
- Ending violence against women
- Stopping animal cruelty
- Marriage Equality
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate
8 books I’ve read and enjoyed:
- The Time Traveler’s Wife
- This Much I Know Is True
- Sister of My Heart
- Bastard Out of Carolina
- Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
- A History of Love
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
8 words/phrases that I say often:
- It’s like
- Later, tater
- I’m just
8 things I want to do before I die:
- Spend a month in Italy
- Publish something I wrote
- Raise children
- Own a house
- Read the instruction manual from start to finish on something I own
- Learn to speak Spanish
- Dance the Flamenco
- Learn to read music/play an instrument
8 things I’ve learned in my life:
- Life is precious and too short.
- Forgiveness is more about healing yourself than someone else.
- Don’t put off living.
- There is very little you actually can control.
- Kindness begets kindness.
- Laughter is good medicine.
- There is power in positive thinking.
- When you don’t personalize things, life is a lot easier.
8 places I want to see:
- My father’s birthplace
- New York
- Australia (specifically, koalas)
- England (again)
8 things I currently want/need:
- Break light replaced in my car
- More sleep
- Another cup of tea
- A more challenging job that pays better
- A new digital camera
- A queen sized platform bed
- A good laugh
8 people I want to tag: