Coherent thoughts? MIA.
Inability to make sense out of life? Check.
Bad attitude and pessimistic perspective? In spades.
- Why can’t I believe in my own abilities?
Because I’ve been doing a job that is easy for me for two years. I’ve forgotten what I am capable of.
- Why did I offer to host three free self-defense classes for my coworkers? Like I don’t have enough to do.
Oh right, someone was attacked near the office.
- Why do I schedule myself so tight that I have no down time and then, in turn, become crabby?
Because I haven’t been saying “no” enough lately.
- Why do people smoke? It’s like they didn’t get the memo that it kills you.
I’m a hypocrite for saying that since I am a former smoker.
- Why did I get all this red put in my hair? It’s a bitch to maintain.
I’m in desperate need of a haircut.
- Where in the hell is my libido? Am I dysfunctional and maladjusted?!
The answer to that is likely a resounding: yes and yes.
- Does anyone else consider cigarette butts on the ground littering?
I hate picking up people’s discarded cigarette butts in front of the apartment building. Worse, when they leave them on the marble steps leading to the apartment. Am I the only one who is bothered by this?!
- Why is it so difficult to find a therapist?
It feels like dating.
- Why do people feel like they should lean on their horn because someone is driving slow?
Just go around them. Stop giving me a heart attack.
- Why is it easier to forgive some people than others?
I’m really struggling with this right now. Really. Struggling.
- Why did I stay up until after midnight watching American Gangster?
Because it is 2 hours and 38 minutes long. And THAT is too long for a movie.
- Why did I dream about trafficking drugs and beating people up while wearing a mink coat last night?
Oh right. I stayed up too late watching American Gangster. Damn you, Denzel.
What’s putting you in a bad mood lately?