Oh right. . . that was ME who ordered it. Damn it! It is hard to believe that it’s only a mere week since I was hoping, dreaming, praying for snow.
You know how they say, “Careful what you wish for”? Yeah. . . about that. I have an announcement:
I AM BREAKING UP WITH SNOW.
I woke up this morning to more snow falling and while I will admit to her beauty, she’s really an annoying bitch underneath. Seeing all that snow meant a) there will be more shoveling in my future (pray for my back and armpits), b) Plan B to get to my Mom’s is going into effect and c) I will be at home all day going nowhere (thank goodness for the internet).
So here I am facing my first ever White Christmas but it’s not making me break out into song. If the Fella and I can brave the un-plowed roads to get to my Mom’s we may very well get stuck there. How’s THAT for family togetherness?
Instead of whining on and on in this crabby post in a very bahumbug manner here’s the bright side:
- My family is all here in one city for the first time in years and years.
- It’s not every day a girl from the beaches of California gets a White Christmas.
- I live in a beautiful city. Granted, she is ill equipped to deal with snow, I love her in spite of this massive failing.
- I am lucky to have two awesome jobs in a crappy economy.
- I live in a cool old building with a kick ass apartment.
- I get to watch my nephew open his presents on Christmas morning.
- The Fella’s Subaru has AWT. Go Subaru! You are currently our lifeline.
- I am surrounded by wonderful friends who humble me with their generosity and love.
- I have all of YOU who brighten my every day.
Here’s my holiday tip for everyone: Find the bright side. Then stay there.
Happy Holidays to you and yours!