I knew when I started reading my friend Vanessa’s post over at her site, Random Ramblings, that she was going to tag me for this meme. And I swear I didn’t cheat and scroll down to see. I just had a hunch. The deal is, as an honoree, I have to A) list 10 honest things about myself – and make it interesting, even if I have to dig deep! (Dig deep? I hardly ever do that so this will be a stretch. AHEM.) and B) pass the award on to 4 bloggers that I feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap. (Vanessa changed the rules to say “embody” because she is SO like that. And I mean that as a compliment.)
Ten Truthful Things:
1) I have to hold onto a wall or railing when taking the stairs because I am deathly afraid that I will miss a step and plummet to my death. If I keep thinking like this, surely it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
2) I like scary, suspenseful movies but not if I have to sleep alone after watching it. While E.T. is not a scary movie, I used to be afraid that E.T. was in my closet. I KNOW HE IS A NICE ALIEN but my child’s mind did not care about logic.
3) I have a very difficult time being in a messy environment. When I was a kid, I babysat for this family who lived in filth. Dog hair, spilled cereal, dishes piled in the sink, layers of dust and a strange, stale odor in the air and it was SO GROSS. The kids were adorable but I felt like I needed to shower when I got home.
4) I am a very light sleeper. I bring ear plugs with me when I travel because I am very, very unpleasant if I don’t get enough sleep. On that same note, if I get to the place of starvation, I am an utter and complete bitch. Watch the blood sugar!
5) I really, really, really want to learn new dances. Especially Flamenco. I have a very stupid reason for not signing up. (See #8)
6) I cannot eat spicy food. I’m a complete spice wimp. I am, however, building up my wasabi tolerance.
7) I adore ferris wheels but only from afar. I don’t want to ride on them (vertigo) but I do want to collect photos of them.
8) I spend far too much time feeling bad about my looks, specifically my body. This. Really. Must. Stop.
9) I have crushes on girls. My current crush is Rosario Dawson. I would say Kate Winslet but mostly I want to BE her, not make out with her.
10) I am not living up to my full potential.