- Ashleigh asked what The Fella and my names are.
I told her via email but will not write it on my blog. My name is too unusual and could make me very easily discovered. Though I have toyed with just blurting it out and merging my identities. Did Superman ever reveal he was Clark Kent? Because, I’m like that. Yo.
- Carrisa asked if I want to have my own kids and if Finn has made me want to have kids or just be an aunt forever and ever, amen. (I’m paraphrasing.)
I have always wanted to be a Mom but I have not always been so sure if I wanted to birth my own children. I’m not tied to giving birth and since I am getting older, with each passing year that possibility fades. And I think I am okay with that. I do, however, plan to either be a foster parent or adopt. I think I’d be a pretty good mom.
- Jason wants to know where babies come from.
To make a baby you need a sperm cell and an egg cell. The sperm cell comes from the male and the egg cell comes from the woman. When the sperm and egg meet, they shake proverbial hands and make a tiny baby that is smaller than a grain of salt. The baby grows in the woman’s belly for nine months. Then the baby is ready to come out which generally comes with a lot of screaming and swearing and fluids.
- Green wants to know if I ever bought a rug.
Good memory she has! Yes, I did buy a rug. It’s a woven sea grass color. I would post a pic but a) I can’t find it on line and b) I am camera-less.
- JustRun wants to know if there is one thing I could feel sure about that I don’t currently feel sure about, what would it be?
I wish I could feel sure about love relationships. I don’t think I’ve ever been very good at them and constantly question if I am cut out for them.
- Jess wants to know if I am ever in the mood for math and what I am in the mood for right now.
I am, generally speaking, never ever ever in the mood for math. I have a slight numbers dyslexia and always mix up digits. It’s rather embarrassing. I’m in the mood for a trip to a tropical location. I need some sunshine and relaxation. STAT!
- TAG asked me what kind of ice cream I would create if Ben & Jerry’s came calling, giving me my very own Sizzle Special.
I think I’d want it to be a salted caramel chocolate ice cream. Mmmmm! Does such a thing exist? Because it totally should.
- Nat asked me: You find a genie in a bottle. (A very smokin’ hot genie at that…) He grants you three wishes (no bringing back dead people, no making people fall in love with you, and no wishing for more wishes.) What do you wish for?
I would wish for 1) financial stability, 2) the dedication to exercise daily, and 3) a book deal.
- Angella asks: What is your favorite color, and why?
My favorite color, consistently, is red. I love all its variations and how bold it makes me feel when I wear it.
- The Fella asks: Will we see the answers to these questions posted on your blog at some point. Inquiring minds want to know! I want to know!
Yes, see above and below. (Smart ass!)
- Diane asks: Did you go to an all girl’s school? (I can’t remember) Having gone through the Catholic school system, what is your opinion of private school vs. public? If you had your own kids, how do you think you would choose to educate them?
My private school experience was actually really great. I always liked school. The one time I did not like school was the quarter I went to public high school. I cried every day. It was torture. I am no longer a practicing Catholic so I do not think I would send my kids to a religious school BUT I definitely value the education I received there. It was top notch.
- Angela @Lost In Splendor asks: On the best day of your life, what would happen?
Damn! That’s a good question. I would wake up feeling rested, without an alarm clock. I would drink the perfect cup of tea and eat delicious pancakes with fruit and whipped cream outside on a sunny balcony. I would be by the ocean and have a good book. Someone would bring me beer and chips with guacamole when I got hungry/thirsty. I would swim in warm water under a shining sun. I would have a two hour massage. There would be music and dancing and revelry. I would laugh easily and feel joy. And it would not cost me a thing.
- YellowMutt asks: What is your most favored inanimate object in your abode and why?
I really had to think on this. My cats are not inanimate so I guess I’d say. . .my bed. I spent a lot of money on it and it’s so comfy!
- Princess of the Universe asks: Enable my crush: What’s Dave2 REALLY like?
He is, indeed, very crush-worthy and I applaud your taste in men. Dave2 is as he seems- an intelligent, kind-hearted, talented, generous hottie blogger extraordinaire. Bonus: he is actually much taller than you might think. (Also, keep in mind that I am only 5’3″. Everyone is tall to me.)
- Neilochka asks: If you were your own therapist, what would you tell yourself is your biggest neurotic quirk that is holding you back from true happiness?
Berating myself daily about my body. If I gave that nonsense up, I would be a trillion times happier.
- Claire asks: How’s it going, Sizz? Has your work situation improved since your replacement was hired?
Work is much improved since I am focused on one job and have a new temporary boss. I’m hoping the event I am planning is a huge success next month.
- Marie asks: You have a gorgeous voice so how come you don’t sing on the side? Join a choir or something of the sort?
I am flattered you think so. I think I can sing okay but not well enough to sing on a stage. I worry that I might actually be like one of those American Idol hopefuls who are told by their loved ones that they are going to be a star and really they are tone deaf. But I am paranoid like that. I’ve actually thought about joining a choir but so far I’ve discovered I either need to be gay or religious. If anyone has any tips, I’m open to them.
- Kevin Spencer asks: Credit or Debit? Paper or plastic? Starsky or Hutch?
Debit. Reuseable Tote. Starsky. (I prefer a brunette.)
- Gina asks: Do you see yourself having children and if so what would you name your first boy or girl?
I think I will end up adopting and they might already be named BUT if I would like to name a child after my father, Ray.
- Non Fiction Burning asks: What came first, the chicken or the egg (or the omelette)?
The chicken. That’s science talking. Or Darwin. Whatever. Side note: I hate omelettes.
- Long Story Longer asks: What’s one of your most defining moments? Best quality? One of your heros/mentors? Oh, only one?
Defining moment: I was driving to school for, of all things, an algebra test when a car ran a red light and hit me. My car spun around and ended up facing on-coming traffic. I was ok and my car had body damage (thank you VW super beetle!) but I missed my test. My teacher was an asshole and would not let me make it up, meaning I was probably going to fail the class. I decided to take a year off of school. This was right after my Dad died and I was feeling very out of sorts. I worked full time and made good money and kept my promise to myself- to go back and get my degree. Which I did. But I needed that year and am grateful for it.
Best quality: empathy
Hero/Mentor: My friend Reets was my mentor through college. She’s like a big sister to me.
- Punchlinewalking asks: If you had one do over, what would you use it for?
I would be there, at my father’s bedside, when he died.
- Nicole asks: Favorite home-cooked dinner, and why? 🙂
I love making tacos for myself. It’s super easy and quick. But growing up? I loved it when my Mom made this beef dish with mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes are sooooo good.
- Jaz asked: No matter where you go there you are, so where would you like to go?
Mexico. It makes me feel rested just thinking about it.
- Annie asks: Who is your #1 favorite living artist and who is your #1 favorite dead artist? I know, that is really two questions, sorry :-).
I hate to admit this but, I don’t really follow modern painting. I am, however, a fan of Marc Chagall.
- Iron Fist asks: How about a pint of Guinness?
While I am always up for grabbing a pint (especially with Mr. Fist who is great company) I prefer a lighter brew like an IPA. Whenever I drink Guinness I feel sooooo fulllll. It’s like a meal.
- Diane Mandy asks: Are you happy with the Obama administration so far (all of 14 days into it)?
Mostly, yes. I think he’s forging ahead and not wasting any time. For me, it’s a wonderful feeling to actually want to listen to what the President has to say rather than change the channel.
Thanks for playing along everyone!