Things that happened:
- I realized I could remove my jeans without unbuttoning them. Time for new jeans?
- I wore pants that previously were impossible to button due to my protruding belly. The belly is still there but it’s apparently shrinking. Please note: Wearing pants that actually fit you will have people remarking on how much weight you may have lost. Some might take it too far and use the word “skinny.” We are not there yet, people. Let’s not jump the gun.
- I rented the open apartment which means I do not have to be tied to my building this weekend. Which is very good news seeing as how I am going to Portland.
Things that are going to happen:
- Going to see fellow blogger Cheryl Klein read from her new book, Lilac Mines, at Elliot Bay Book Company on Tuesday, August 18th at 7:30pm. If you are a local you should totally come out and join us. Kaply & I will be there which basically ensures it will be a good time. I’m referring to Cheryl as the icing on our bloggy cupcake. Come! Support a published author and fellow blogger! Drop me a line if you want to meet up.
- By the end of the month I will have seen Elvis Costello, Diana Krall and Garfunkel & Oates live in concert. Musicality at its finest.
- My girl Supple will be visiting her home away from home (she should just MOVE HERE ALREADY) which means copious amounts of wine will be ingested.
Now if you will excuse me- I need to get some shit done before I head out. I am so excited to get away to one of my favorite towns with some of my favoritest people. Portland, here I come!